Intraday Power Trader (m/f/d)
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
Providing power efficiently and reliably is among the core challenges in times of increasing solar and wind energy production. Here, our intraday trading teams are making a vital and exciting contribution. We are active on all relevant short-term markets, being the market leader in managing renewables in Germany and the UK. In total, Statkraft manages over 15.000 MW of capacity across Europe. As a result we contribute significantly to the successful integration of renewable energy into the overall energy landscape. As a member of one of our two intraday trading teams you are responsible for balancing our portfolio of intermittent generation, dispatching our flexible asset portfolio and trading energy proprietarily on the short-term markets.
You will find yourself working in a positive, highly international and professional surrounding. As intraday power is traded continuously on 365 days per year, you will be part of a 24/7 shift team and expected to work occasional night and weekend shifts. These shifts are distributed equally among all colleagues and remunerated accordingly.
- Learning on the job: If you don’t have previous experience in trading, you will be rapidly introduced to all aspects of the short-term power and gas markets.
- Responsibility: You will be expected to make commercial decisions, taking responsibility for the energy management of our renewables portfolio as well as our flexible generation portfolio, which consists of thermal and hydro power plants.
- Make an impact: Right from the beginning, you will be able to influence our process design, systems and internal routines in a cooperative approach with colleagues from many different departments.
- Creativity: You will develop and implement strategies and business approaches focused on our short-term trading activities.
- Innovation: An integral part of the job is the development and improvement of our models and algorithms, based on machine-learning as well as time-series and statistical analyses.
- Digitalisation: Statkraft makes use of algorithmic trading and virtual power plant solutions that automatically balance renewables portfolios, trade and steer asset flexibility in real-time and run proprietary trading activities. These algorithms make millions of decisions per day, send orders to the exchange and dispatch the physical assets. You will be the central part in this trading environment as you will monitor, calibrate and supervise the trading algorithms while engaging into hands-on trading at the same time.
- An above average university degree in Natural Sciences, Engineering or Economics/Business Sciences
- Solid background in mathematics and statistics, practical coding experience (e.g. Python, Matlab or R)
- A competitive personality with a commercial mind-set, ideally a passion for trading
- The ability to make accurate decisions under time pressure
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to succeed as a team-member
- Fluent in English, good command of German or other languages are a plus
This position is suitable for candidates with prior front-office experience in energy trading, dispatching and energy management, as well as talented graduates with an interest in renewable energy.
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Please note that also applications in German language are welcome.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, we look forward to your application via our online application form. Please provide a short cover letter, explaining why you are thrilled to become a member of our 24/7 shift team and what motivates you to become an intraday power trader.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire. The position is based in Düsseldorf.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater