Intern / Working Student - Origination, Central Europe
Intern / Working Student in Origination, Central Europe (m/f/d)
Location - Dusseldorf
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. For us, the ideas of our more than 450 committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. Share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world!
As part of the Trading & Origination Department, the Central European Origination team concludes non-standard, structured and often complex transactions in wholesale energy markets as well as market access services. Therefore, it co-operates closely with Statkraft’s trading desks and the other regional Origination teams to offer pan-European tailored energy solutions. The responsibilities within the team are divided among Origination, Market Access and Portfolio Management.
As Origination we are responsible for developing tailor made solutions and products for our counterparties (Up-/Downstream), all the way from development, data and profitability analysis, negotiation, contract creation, deal closure and implementation.
Your role will:
- Work directly with portfolio managers, originators, and key account managers, to play a pivotal role in shaping the energy industry’s renewable future
- Provide essential support to the Central Europe Origination team in the structuring and pricing of physical/financial ‘non-standard’ commodity transactions (Renewable Power Purchase Agreements)
- Develop an understanding of Central European power markets and power industry fundamentals
- Perform crucial data analysis on markets, profitability, and valuation methodologies to assist the Origination team with current and prospective deals within the region
- Help develop and maintain tools within Statkraft’s scripting environment Support Analysts and Originators with the RFP summaries and preparation of high-quality RFP responses
- Coordinate with Development, Finance, Engineering, and other departments to prepare for proposals and meetings with customers
- Perform energy market research and analysis
- A strong interest in renewable energy and its generation, with ideally a basic understanding of how the power markets work
- Currently studying for an Engineering, Maths, Economics, Finance or Computer Science degree preferable, although not essential
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, previous programming experience (VBA, Python) would be an advantage
- Fluent in English, fluent German would be an advantage
- A commercial mind-set with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive with the ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age, and cultural background
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- German language courses for non-native speakers
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- An opportunity to make a difference
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.