Intern in Algorithmic Trading and Analysis (m/f/d)
As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft Markets GmbH is the 6th largest power producer in Germany by capacity and we have lately become one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed renewable energy generation. Share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world!
The Continental Energy & Market Access unit is responsible for the energy management of Statkraft’s own and 3rd party assets and market access business across Continental Europe and the UK (currently Germany, UK, Belgium, Ireland, France, Turkey and South East Europe) with strong growth ambitions.
The energy sector is currently facing a strong transition towards digitalization and automation driven by decentralisation of generation and increased market dynamics. In order to handle the resulting increased complexity efficiently, Statkraft makes use of algorithmic trading and virtual power plant solutions that automatically balance renewable generation, steer asset flexibility in real-time and run trading activities.
These algorithms make millions of decisions per day to send orders to the power exchange and steer the physical assets. They are backed up by our state-of-the-art data science infrastructure and monitoring solutions, which need to be continuously developed further.
More and more of the intraday trading activities like balancing a renewables portfolio or steering the intraday flexibility of a power plant are being fully automated with trading robots. In order to make the human-robot interaction as efficient as possible, the behaviour of the trading algorithms needs to be monitored by supervisor algorithms that perform a number of live checks on the algorithms in order to judge that their current performance and action is appropriate in a given market situation.
Very much like an autonomous car that informs the driver to take over responsibility in a complicated traffic situation, these supervisor algorithms need to inform the human intraday traders with details as condensed but at the same time as precise as possible when attention is needed.
You will work and assist on:
- improving the monitoring of these robots and their input data by building monitoring tools, live data analysis scripts as well as outlier detection machine learning algorithms that interact with the trader
- the reporting and visualization of key results and performance indicators
Your work will be in the centre of these front-office activities and you will be given responsibility from day one. In this role you will be able to work under guidance on exciting topics at the frontier of human-robot interaction in the context of renewable energy trading.
- Student of mathematics, statistics, physics or business with strong quantitative focus
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong interest in Data Science and Data Visualisation
- Programming experience (Python is an asset, JS and HTML nice to have)
- Team player with good communicative skills
- Proactive and independent way of working
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace regarding gender, age and cultural background
- A fair renumeration
If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater