Bransje:Kjemi og kjemisk Industri / Produksjon
Fylke:VESTFOLD OG TELEMARK
Se her for andre jobber fra Jotun AS
Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Innovative R&D - Polymer/Organic Chemist
Jotun is seeking an innovative R&D Chemist with in-depth knowledge within the field of polymer or organic chemistry. Your workplace will be at our brand-new headquarters’ state of the art binder laboratory. Binders is a main component of paints and coatings and defines many of its final properties. As our new R&D Chemist your main tasks will be to create new binders (polymers) and characterize them. In addition, you will be testing the binders in paint to verify properties in the final product. The candidate we seek should have a creative and innovative mind set, as generation of new ideas will be a key part of your workday. The position also offers possibilities to write articles about your research and run collaborative projects with different universities and research institutes.
- Carry out required development and maintenance tasks by planning, formulating, testing and evaluating recipes and raw materials in accordance to our R&D plan
- Report results from development and maintenance work both orally and written through R&D and monthly reports to ensure that the correct decisions, based on current experience, are made
- Search for and make use of knowledge through literature, practical experience, learning from others as well as attending courses to be able to work more independently with more complex R&D tasks
- Contribute professionally, both internally and externally, to ensure that the goals of the R&D plan are reached, and increase competence in the professional environment
- Minimum masters graduate with 3 years of relevant experience or recently graduated PhD
- Relevant education or experience within the field of polymer or organic chemistry
- Good general understanding of IT systems
- Excellent English language skills - both written and spoken
- Systematic Approach - uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Analysis & Judgment - quickly understands and analyzes complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgments
- Professional Expertise - demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development
- Innovation - produces fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions; breaks away from tradition; promotes change and novelty
- Initiative & Responsibility - acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Constructive Teamwork - co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development, both through on-the-job training and Jotun Academy. At Jotun we want to develop long-term relationships with our employees and therefore we put a strong focus into nurturing people in building their career with us.
A professional and supportive work environment with focus on continuous improvement and innovation. Our story is one of innovating and reinventing processes and concepts with the purpose of creating better and sustainable products that will have an impact in the world.
Exciting challenges in a growing company with excellent ﬁnancial results. We are growing steadily and the financial strength this gives us allows us to invest in research and development to create new innovative products and to invest on people and in the support of local communities.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater