Technical Information & Training Advisor
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
We are looking for a talented technical writer to help create and build out a modern documentation and user assistance infrastructure. You will be a core part of the product management team working closely with engineering, product marketing, and customer enablement to create resources that don’t just document what the product does but accelerates a user from novice to power user.
Horten, Kongsberg, Bergen
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation and training materiel that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
Qualifications and experience
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve set goals
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
Horten, Kongsberg, Bergen