Health & Safety Manager
Energi- og vannforsyning
Health and Safety Manager (large scale Solar PV Projects)
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
If you’re an experienced H&S Manager with experience of working on large scale Solar PV Projects, we would like to hear from you!
As a key member of the Spanish team, the H&S Manager supports the business by leading the H&S management of our portfolio in Spain. You will take direct responsibility of the compliance in terms of H&S the projects assigned with the support of a dedicated team and make a positive impact on our planet.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match
You will be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and able to exercise initiative in a role that requires the ability to multi-task. You will be able to work independently whilst being a good team player, solution orientated and proactive with good time management skills. As this is a site/project-based role you must be willing and able to travel to and work from different project sites.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Produce the EPC H&S Management Plan in accordance to Statkraft’s corporate standards and best industry practices.
- Ensure the implementation of the approved H&S Management Plan by the Contractor(s) and their subcontractors.
- Lead daily and weekly coordination meetings with the Contractor(s).
- Overview the works on site ensuring they are carried out in a safely manner at any time.
- Supports the Project Management Team (PMT) with the different stakeholders (Client, local authorities, subcontractors, main equipment suppliers, Lender Technical Advisor, etc.).
- Ensures proper coordination of the H&S team with other PMT functions (Engineering, Construction, Contract Manager, Procurement Manager, Document Controller, etc.).
- Coordinate internal and external audits as required.
- Ensure the reporting to the team/upper management of any event on site (near misses/accident), as per the established internal reporting procedures.
- Lead investigations on site in a timely manner and in coordination team/upper management.
- Training, mentoring and supervision of the H&S officers assigned to the project.
- Bsc in Electrical/Civil/Mechanical Engineer.
- Specific H&S qualification in accordance to Spanish Law.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- At least 5 years + of professional experience working in large scale energy projects.
- Previous experience in HV projects (i.e. substations and/or transmission lines).
- Strong communication, reporting and organizational skills.
- Candidates must be able and willing to travel to sites as this is a site/project-based role.
- All candidates must be eligible to work full time in Spain.
What we offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- A generous Benefits package.
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
To apply please submit your CV in English along with your salary expectations and notice period.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
Statkraft - why join us? from Statkraft on Vimeo.