Bransje:Foreninger og forbund - Humanitære organisasjoner
Se her for andre jobber fra Flyktninghjelpen
Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Health, Safety, and Security Coordinator - Beirut (Lebanese National)
The purpose of the Health, Safety, and Security (HSS) Coordinator is to contribute to HSS-related activities and provide general guidance on HSS matters at Country office level. The HSS Coordinator will provide daily advice on health, safety, and security issues pertaining to the country level. The position holder leads, oversees, and monitors the implementation of NRC’s security policies and procedures at country level and aims to reduce the risks through effective mitigation strategies. He/She also provides staff with sufficient amount of information through briefings and training sessions on relevant topics.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure that NRC’s safety and security policies are implemented at country office level.
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs and mitigation measures.
- Monitor, track, and analyze incidents and contextual trends
- Train staff in health, safety, and security and provide regular briefings and updates.
- Report all breaches of health, safety, and security procedures and all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities, or assets.
- Liaise with UN agencies, NGOs, local authorities and other external actors to share and gain security information.
- Prepare security updates, take action as required and generate reports as required.
- Promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards and principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Draft and update reports related to security incidents, access developments and other contextual concerns on a regular or ad-hoc basis.
- Support the Lebanon country office and area office in establishing and maintaining key contacts with the authorities in the areas of operation
- Issue guidance on safety and security and movement protocols while tracking movements as required.
- Update security protocols for staff movement and operations inside Lebanon (including hibernation evacuation and relocation plans, MEDEVAC plans, Country security plan, Proof of Life procedures, Fire Safety Plans, critical incident management protocol, Duty of care for staff, etc.)
- Monitor the security situation on the ground, share regular context updates, and provide extensive support in critical incidents
- Maintain active contact with Safety/Liaison counterparts from other humanitarian actors and Lebanese authorities ,and support in risk assessments.
- Facilitate information management and dissemination amongst the country office and area offices through weekly context updates as well as ad-hoc security notices
- Support area management teams in crisis management, incident management and post incident management
- Produce short and long-term assessments and projections related to contextual developments, dynamics, and mapping.
- Support the identification of capacity building needs and train the staff on existing security packages and protocols as needed in close cooperation with the HR department
- Act as surge capacity where required by country office
- Control, manage and monitor all assigned staff in country office with HSS functions inclusive service providers
- Carry out any other Health, Safety, Security and liaison related tasks requested by the line manager.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in in Health, Safety, and Security in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Desirable experience in law enforcement or military
- Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal
- Sound knowledge of the context in Lebanon
- Experience in staff management, mentoring, couching, training
- Advanced computer skills Office 365 and Microsoft programs
- Sound knowledge of operational risk management
- Knowledge of cooperate risk management an asset
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater