Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Energi- og vannforsyning
Health, Safety and Environment Manager, County Cork or County Meath (Fixed Term Contract)
If you're an experienced Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager with experience in large scale energy projects you can start a career that helps to solve the climate crisis, with Statkraft. the HSE Manager shall take direct responsibility of the compliance in terms of HSE the projects assigned with the support of a dedicated team on the ground.
Realise the potential of renewable energy. Make a positive impact on our planet.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That's what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. Because in the fight against climate change, we don't see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you'll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there's more work to be done – that's why we need you to join us.
Working in The Project Delivery Unit
Whether you use your skills to optimise our projects, increase output from our assets, or design tomorrow's renewable energy solutions – you'll be at the forefront of leading the shift to renewable energy. Work with some of the most advanced technologies. Face the most challenging engineering projects in the industry. Connect and collaborate with colleagues across our seven markets.
As a HSE Manager in the Project Delivery Unit you'll:
• Produce the Engineer, Procure and Construct (EPC) HSE Management Plan in accordance to Statkraft's corporate standards and best industry practices.
• Review the HSE Management Plans proposed by the Contractor(s).
• Lead a team of HSE Supervisors spread across each construction site, recruited on a fixed term basis.
• Ensure the implementation of the approved HSE Management Plan by the Contractor(s) and their subcontractors.
• Overview the works on site ensuring they are carried out in a safely manner at any time.
• Ensures proper coordination of the HSE team with other PDU functions (Engineering, Construction, Contract Manager, Procurement Manager, Document Controller, etc.).
We look for experienced Health and Safety Managers with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. That includes:
• Bsc in Electrical/Civil/Mechanical Engineer with a specific HSE qualification in accordance to Irish Law. Or relevant work experience
• Around 5 years+ professional experience in a relevant role with experience working in large scale energy projects
Please note English language fluency is essential.
Experiences in these areas are also useful in your role:
• Previous experience in High Voltage (HV) projects (i.e. substations and/or transmission lines)
• IT Skills which includes knowledge in of a range of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
You have a natural tendency to have:
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work on your own initiative.
• Be Honest, discreet and reliable.
Please note: The site location for the role is County Meath but there will be ad hoc requirements to attend our office based in Cork City. We are open to candidates from both locations as long as they are able to travel for the role.
What we offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you'll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
● Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
● The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
● The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say "My work is contributing to saving the planet"
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we're a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.