Head of Public Affairs - Spain
We are looking for Head of Public Affairs for Statkraft’s business in Spain. Reporting to the VP Public Affairs European Wind and Solar and also in close colaboration with the Country Manager of Statkraft Spain , you will play a key part in developing our business. Statkraft’s business activities in Spain are diverse and include the development of wind and solar as well as a significant trading & origination presence. Our business has grown out of all recognition. As our business and significance in Spain continues to grow, so should our influence and reputation. We see public affairs as a critical component to our successful growth.
As part of this role you will:
- Manage the public affairs process in Spain
- Drive specific policy and regulatory initiatives
- Develop a positive reputation for Statkraft in Spain
- Encourage and enable colleagues to talk on sector, policy and regulatory matters.
- Enhance our benefits from trade body memberships and influence their positions
- Manage our responseto key consultations
- Develop thought leadership on topics ranging from climate action to the energy market to tech issues to sustainability
- Ensure consistency with Statkraft’s key positions and views across technologies and regulatory matters
- Co-ordinate with PA colleagues across Europe and other business areas
- Manage agency support in Spain; ensuring we get value for money
What you need for the role:
- Master’s degree, preferably in Political Science, EU politics, Social Science or equivalent.
- A track record of public affairs success in the Energy Spanish market
- In-depth knowledge of the Spanish energy market
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Spanish energy and climate policy, drivers and processes
- Proficiency in European energy policy and regulation.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- You should know your own mind and have opinions and, at the same time, be able to accommodate diverse opinions from across the business
- Passion for climate action and the resilience to make a difference
- Experience of working in a multinational environment
- Native Spanish, fluency in English required