Head of Data Excellence (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
Digitalisation Finance & Risk is a newly established department with a growing team of currently 10 colleagues and it serves as the main interface between Finance & Risk and Statkraft IT globally. The department centralises digitalisation activities for Finance & Risk: this includes providing process excellence for core processes within Markets & IT, overseeing the functional system architecture as well as ensuring Finance & Risk strategy and ambitions are met through Finance & Risk projects and initiatives. Further part of the scope is to provide operational support for selected systems used in Finance & Risk along with respective system ownership. As the EDM platform owner for market data, this unit seeks to secure compliant and governed data through prudent ownership and management of data.
We are entering an exciting transformation journey and with this we introduce a new sub-unit: Data Excellence.
We are looking for a Head of Data Excellence to become part of our exciting growth and transformational change within Digitalisation Finance and Risk. You will be given the opportunity to shape the future data excellence for Finance and Risk and set strategic goals along with a clear roadmap towards success. You will be an inspirational leader who carries the overall Digitalisation Finance & Risk vision and core values. You will drive and empower your newly formed and growing team of two dedicated direct reports around data excellence to reach its individual’s full potential and high-quality results. You will be the service owner for data related to Finance & Risk.
The position can be in Oslo or Düsseldorf and will report to the VP Digitalisation – Finance & Risk, based in Oslo
Your tasks include:
- Be a servant and trustful leader who lives and breathes the core vision and values and drives, empowers and inspires the team working across two locations
- Build up the sub-unit by setting strategic goals along with an implementation roadmap for data excellence incl. data strategy
- Build up the service for fundamental market data which includes ownership of a EDM platform, data governance framework and respective policies and procedures considering Finance and Risk overall needs
- Establish and maintain a strong interface with IT to create a suitable solution infrastructure & architecture for the identified business requirements, adhering to company policies.
- Build trust towards and work closely with other key stakeholders across Markets and IT department to enable an end-to-end, seamless customer service delivery
- Take ownership for dedicated areas and empower your team individuals to take responsibility and be accountable with a focus on high quality results
- Drive change management related activities enabling people and business readiness for all changes around Finance and Risk related data
- Follow up on team KPIs, engage the team in continuous improvement and enable continuous learning and development of team’s individuals
- Be involved in managerial administrative tasks and corporate driven initiatives around the overall employee lifecycle, compliance and others
- Master’s degree in the areas of Information Technology, Finance, STEM, or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5-7 years in high performance environments with significant EDM experience
(e.g. as data owner / data steward)
- Strong and profound leadership experience which allows you to drive, enable and empower your team (preferably in multinational environments)
- Hands-on mentality along with a high degree of self-motivation, ability to motivate others and drive change forward (especially volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous environments)
- Business-, commercial- and service-oriented mindset with the ability to find the best possible path to solution
- Ability to think strategically and build effective relationships and trust in a multi-cultural environment and across various locations in the organization
- Reliable team player who truly cares for and supports his/her colleagues and direct reports
- Fluent English communication skills, any relevant additional language (e.g. Norwegian / German) is an advantage
- Willingness to travel frequently is expected
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.