Head of Intraday Energy Management UK (m/f/d)
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
Providing power efficiently and reliably is among the core challenges in times of increasing solar and wind energy production. Our Intraday Energy Management Team optimizes the largest renewable and distributed flexible generation portfolio in the UK via trading in all relevant short-term markets. In doing so we are making a vital and exciting contribution to the successful integration of renewable energy and distributed flexible generation into the overall energy landscape.
- Manage and further develop a highly professional 24/7 intraday shift team located in Düsseldorf/Germany.
- Develop trading strategies for different technologies for the short term to intraday periods and take commercial ownership for the team performance.
- Closely cooperate with other units in the Statkraft Group, especially with our Sales/Origination team in London to further expand our business.
- Drive the improvement of systems, procedures and market understanding within our creative and innovative environment.
- Balance commercial focus with operational excellence: Take commercial ownership, while keeping control of the operational and compliance risks.
- An above average university degree in natural sciences, engineering or economics/business sciences and a solid background in mathematics and statistics
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills, preferably at least two years of experience in managing and inspiring a high performing team.
- A commercial mind-set, a passion for trading and a competitive personality
- Given our advanced data management and algorithmic trading infrastructure, IT affinity including some coding experience is a plus
- Flexible with a high motivation to further develop the business
- Strong operational focus, accurate and diligent working style
- An open and empathic character with the ability to provide valuable feedback and drive personal development of your direct reports
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater