Group Reservations Advisor
Are you a passionate and curious individual with a willingness to learn? Do you have the ability to be agile, flexible and self-motivated in your work? When you are met with a challenge, do you have the preference to act rather than react? If this sounds like you, then we have a Group Reservations Advisor role in a growing team based in Newcastle that could be perfect for you!
Working Monday to Friday, this is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, global team of cross-border specialists looking after all aspects of group bookings for our B2B and private group customers primarily on our Amsterdam-Newcastle, Copenhagen-Oslo and English Channel Routes. Having a keen eye for detail, you will be responsible for making group reservations, efficiently providing accurate quotations and handling enquiries all whilst delivering first-class customer service. Excellent communication skills are esentail and you do need to speak and write English to a high level; however being bilingual in Dutch, German or Scandinavian languages, for example, would be further beneficial for ths position.
As a Group Reservations Advisor, you will be involved in a lot of administration, anything from updating passenger manifest entries, managing payments to supporting the delivery of agreed targets and KPI’s. With this in mind, a background in the travel industry would be beneficial. Furthermore, having good planning skills and a structured approach to work is also desired whilst being emersed in this fast-paced environment. We value experience and drive so, if you have an enthusiastic mindset ready to learn, develop and bring lots of energy to the team, this role is the one for you!
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!