GDPR & Data Governance Specialist
Do you want to help push us to the next level on our journey with GDPR and data protection? We have already come a long way, and now we are looking to strengthen our team working on data governance incl. master data, GDPR, privacy and data protection.
In the role as a Data Governor for GDPR, you will work across DFDS, interfacing with all divisions to ensure compliance, spread awareness and best practice regarding GDPR, privacy and data protection.
You will be employed in the Data Governance department reporting to the Team Lead for Data Governance, and you will be an integral part of a collaborative, cross-company core GDPR team reaching across Legal, IT Security and Data Governance departments. Given the complex nature of DFDS, you will get the opportunity to work within B2C, B2B, and B2E domains.
More specifically your main responsibilities include:
- Strengthening our governance structures.
- Supporting the organization on questions regarding GDPR, privacy and data protection.
- Supporting in the management of sensitive policy, privacy and data protection questions from customers and data subjects wishing to exercise their rights under GDPR.
- Acting as point of contact for our company to advise on and promote the understanding of privacy regulatory requirements, as well as company policies and procedures and help them navigate complex policy, privacy and data protection issues.
- Acting as a point of contact for our company in investigating potential data breaches.
- Supporting in maintaining internal process and procedure documentation with functional stakeholders to strengthen the privacy compliance program.
- Partnering with teams across the company to help them navigate and advise on customer privacy, policy and data protection questions.
- Partnering with business units on audits of systems and processes to create prioritized lists of impact efforts to lift our maturity and compliance.
- Partnering with internal teams such as Legal and IT Security to support customer requests, identify privacy issues, propose solutions, and translate practices into official procedures.
- Playing an active role in rolling out our privacy, security, and compliance platform (OneTrust).
What we are looking for
We imagine that you have a deep understanding of GDPR, privacy and data protection, and maybe you have a project management background. You should be service-minded and determined to track down issues and find solutions.
As the tasks often involve many different colleagues you also need to have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to collaborate well with colleagues on all levels of the company.
Further, we imagine you:
- Have experience in a support environment, handling customer requests relating to privacy and data protection issues as well requests from data subjects exercising their rights.
- Have ability to handle confidential information,
- Have an analyst skillset – detail-oriented and data-focused with the ability to think critically and identify process gaps.
- Have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to be flexible, adaptive and lead through influence in a cross-functional and fast-changing work environment.
- Have solid analytical and documentation skills.
- Are fluent in English as DFDS is an international company.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a relevant role incl. GDPR, privacy and data protection or within the legal domain.
- Having accredited privacy certification (such as CIPP/E) is a bonus but not a necessity.
Through your structured and process-oriented personality and technical mindset, you can navigate complex discussions. This combined with your analytical approach and good communication skills ensure high-quality solutions.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis and the position will be filled as soon as possible.
Grow with DFDS
DFDS has 340+ IT and Digital employees working with the latest IT development technology and tools. So, this job is a great opportunity to develop your skills within IT, agile processes and grow in a large international company with myriads of career opportunities.
Besides our daily work, the team is a social unit with group activities, dinners, sports events and a positive social vibe, which you will be sure to meet in rest of DFDS as well.
You’ll be part of Technology & Innovation, one of DFDS’ five divisions with over 340 people in three European hubs. This is proof of our belief in a digital future.
DFDS employs more than 8,000 people on land and sea all over Europe. Read more about us