Gatehouse Team Leader
Who we are –With over 600 employees, an annual turnover of £65 million and a 160-acre site in Immingham, DFDS Seaways are the largest Roll on Roll off Shipping and Terminal Operator on the Humber. Serving 35 DFDS vessel arrivals and departures from 5 countries every week, DFDS moves over 725,000 units through Immingham every year. In addition, we store, handle and move almost 700,000 tonnes of Industrial cargo such as Steel, Timber, Paper and Refuse Derived Fuel.
The Role… The key purpose of this role is to ensure that all units comply with what has been booked in the GTMS System, and that the traffic always runs smoothly and safely on a day to basis.
Responsibilities will include…
- Carry out all gate controls and security checks
- Inspect all Import and Export units, to check for damage and complete the entry into GTMS, and photograph as required.
- Check all visitors and drivers to the terminal to ensure that they comply with displayed Terminal Notices, and ISPS Regulations
- Produce GTMS Work orders so that cargo can be correctly discharged.
- Liaise with Customer Services Operation Department ref bookings (Queries/Issues)
- Check all hazardous cargo is suitable for shipping, and make sure all relevant documentation is correct. (To comply with the IMDG Code)
- Ensure all associated damage, accident, incidents, near misses and environmental forms etc. are completed before the end of the shift and information is thoroughly forwarded to Supervisors and/or Operational Management.
- Review and re-allocate resources if the need and priorities change.
- Ensure all aspects of ISPS security controls according to TRANSEC legislation are carried out in the correct manner.
- Ensure all SSOW (Safe System of Working) are followed and that all operatives have read, understood, and signed all relevant procedures, toolbox talks etc.
- Conduct appraisals in line with company policy with specific responsibility for developing employees.
- Supervise, support, and advise the Gate Controllers to help them to carry out their associated tasks, and resolve any operational problems
- Where appropriate, agree how problems can be resolved satisfactorily for all parties.
Key Skills Required…
- IT Literate
- Customer Services experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised/Methodical/ Good attention to detail
- A minimum of 1 year holding a full driving license.
- Be able to work on a 24 hour On-Call Rota
Interested? Apply now…. If you have believe you are a suitable candidate for this position, please submit your CV and application in English by sending an email to the Recruitment team as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please contact email@example.com
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater