Full Stack JS Developer for Digital Freight
We are looking for a software engineer with experience in building full stack applications in React and Nodejs - to join our “Digital Freight” team in order to help us building the next generation booking platform for the freight division as well as maintain the existing booking application.
Product teams in DFDS have a fair degree of autonomy – members of the team can have a meaningful impact on both the choices of technology and architecture.
At the same time, we encourage a high degree of collaboration through maintaining a component library and have cross-team products.
At DFDS, we structure our work through use of scrum activities – we run bi-weekly sprints, have daily standups and sprint reviews.
Help Build next generation booking platform
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Process support desk tickets for the existing booking platform
- Fix bugs reported in the existing booking platform
- Plan, design and implement features for the new booking platform
- Take part in monthly frontend community events
- Contribute to cross-team projects e.g., shared component library
- Take part in agile activities – sprint planning, daily standups, sprint refinements and reviews as well as retrospectives
Turning the focus to you
For you, it’s not only about code, but about creating and crafting.
So we imagine that you have:
- Professional experience working with .net MVC, JQuery, React, Typescript and Nodejs
- Experience with unit testing and E2E testing
- Good problem-solving skills
- Firm handle on best coding and UI development practices
- Interest in crafting performant and good-looking UIs
Bonus: Next.js, Nestjs, Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions
We create things that help our customers and our business. You’ll need to think that way and work with colleagues sharing the same outlook.
This means you:
- Proficient in English
- Willing to pair program, share knowledge and elevate fellow team members
- Driven by excellence of one’s work
- Seeks agreement with peers through discussion
Technology and Innovation in DFDS
The T&I Division at DFDS employs over 300+ IT professionals from all around the world – the company prides itself in having a truly international environment.
The division is organized into tribes and chapters – a tribe includes people working a related set of products while chapter brings together people with similar skillset – ensuring that there is meaningful and relevant management provided both for the product and the professional growth of the employees.
Our product teams are semi-autonomous – within defined parameters, they can select preferred technologies and solutions for problems at hand.
Finally, when it comes to hardware, employees are free to select a type of hardware that suits best their working style.
Working at DFDS
DFDS offers its employees a wide array of perks, including a generous pension scheme, possibility to use DFDS operated ferry lines free of charge or at a very reduced rate and an amazing discount scheme through its various partner vendors, just to name a few.
We have excellent office facilities located just within 7-minute walk from the Nordhavn station, ample parking, office space, great cafeteria and sporting areas.
Are we a match? Apply now!
If you want to look back on your career and know you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you.
Submit your CV in English as soon as possible as we are going through the applications on an ongoing basis.
You are also welcomed to add any Stack Overflow, GitHub link or similar to demonstrate your work.
If you are left with any questions to the position, please send a mail to Kristina Andersen, firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be filled as soon as possible.