Se her for andre jobber fra DFDS AS
Specialise in moving cargo? Are you outgoing and confident? Have you the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines?
Due to continued investment and organic growth, we are currently looking to add a Freight Forwarder at our Immingham office. If you’re looking for a role within a dynamic, enthusiastic & fast paced environment, with a willingness to succeed… we have the role for you!
Working Mon - Fri, 08:00 – 17:00, with a high degree of flexibility where required, you will be tasked with taking responsibility for developing our freight forwarding activities between the UK and Europe, either via your own direct clients or by assisting our own core traffic departments. You shall be dealing with quotations, bookings and general enquiries always ensuring customer satisfaction remains a key focus. Developing and evaluating opportunities for Freight Management, alongside dealing with all subcontractors, when allocating work for delivery & collection.
This is an exciting position, and you will have the opportunity to experience the operational side of logistics at one of Europe’s leading logistics companies. Monitoring & following up on quotations & profitability, you will be negotiating freight rates with both clients and international subcontractors that will require to be constantly managed and developed as part of the process, identifying opportunities to maximise growth within your function, along the way.
We are seeking someone who has at least two years’ experience, within the International Freight Forwarding / Logistics industry, ideally with operational experience of all modes of transport, but European road freight as a minimum. Sound like an ideal position for you??? … we look forward to hearing from you.
- Day-to-day running of the Freight Forwarding Department
- Developing relationships with both customers & third-party hauliers
- Liaise with sub-contractors to arrange carriage of goods
- Monitor Customer Service Satisfaction
- Seeking out new opportunities
- Using our platforms to generate new business
- Basic customs knowledge
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network. We have just been added to the CILT top 30 Logistics Providers List!
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!
Se her for andre jobber fra DFDS AS