Forwarding Planner - Logistics
£27,000 – 32,000
Love transport? Do you have excellent geographical knowledge? Enthusiastic about planning and maximising loads? We are passionate about delivering an excellent service to our customers and our business is expanding bases within the UK. Currently looking for a Forwarding Planner to join our team. If you’re looking for a role within a dynamic, enthusiastic & fast paced environment, with a willingness to succeed… we have the role for you!
Working Mon - Fri, 07:30 – 16:30, assisting the business to operate, you’ll be communicating with customers along with 3rd party hauliers. Based in Coventry, but with direct report to our Dover Office, you will be joining a dedicated team, assisting the planning department, delivering high standards of service whilst liaising with clients regarding potential issues. Creating orders and following up with collections & deliveries, along with selling on work to 3rd Party hauliers as well as offering to our own fleet.
We do require someone who has experience within the Logistics industry in the UK or Internationally.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!