Finance Business Partner / Business Controller
Do you want to be in the centre of a changing and growing European Logistics company? Where you will play an important role of the information to management and can use your financial and analytical skills to maintain and improve the business every day? Then we are looking for you.
The finance department of DFDS in Ghent is looking for a Finance Business Partner for its Logistics company located in Ghent. The role will focus on the warehouse activities and on the transport activities. For the transport activities you will work together with the other finance business partner. The ideal candidate is analytical, has a financial background, but most importantly, wants to understand and support the business to grow and improve. You will support the business management from operational to financial items.
Your roles and responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible, perform the internal reporting, both historical (monthly, quarterly, yearly results) and budgets/forecasts. Update processes when business is changing so the business is always accurately measured.
• Driving performance management by identifying, preparing, combining and interpretation of relevant operational and financial parameters and KPIs on ongoing basis.
• Develop and setup warehouse KPIs, reports and weekly close reporting.
• Variance analysis reporting including ad-hoc reporting and future predictions
• Participate in continuous improvement projects related to new initiatives/business as well as existing ones.
• Business development activities including tracking, support and follow up to local strategies and investment cases
• Maintain and update the forecasts of the businesses and monitor variances
• Maintain and support to improve the KPI framework
• Support, perform and initiate customer margin (yield analysis)
• Prepare standard and ad hoc reporting and analysis based on business needs
• You will be part of continuous improvement projects related to new initiatives/business as well as existing ones.
• Liaise, control and support our finance shared service centre in DFDS Polska for the transactional (business) accounting in case of escalation with impact on the business.
• You have at least 2-4 years of experience in a previous financial position. Preferably, a background in an accounting firm or as (junior) business controller/analyst. Most important is that you are now ready for the next step to (further) deep dive into the business.
• You have an analytical background and have a hands on mentality
• You are critical minded and you have a logical way of reasoning,
• You can combine financial and operational data and make solid analysis on this
• You are IT-minded and excel has no secrets for you,
• You have good communication skills (Dutch, English) and can work in a team across cultural and national differences,
• You are proactive and can work independently
• You are outgoing, friendly and have a personal drive. Moreover, you are responsible, understand the importance of keeping deadlines.
Whats in for you:
• We offer you an interesting workplace
• working in a financially strong company with growth ambition and focus on social responsibility
• You will get to work with many different professional groups and colleagues