Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Field Service Engineer, Ocean Technologies
Shape a sustainable future at KONGSBERG. Ensuring greener strategies for People and Planet.
You will provide effective and professional customer focused for onshore & offshore technical support within the Kongsberg Discovery.
This role will entail liaise between main office and customers from Asia Pacific, Oceania, and other part of the world on all aspects of pre-commissioning/commissioning, maintenance, and service operation of Kongsberg’s underwater product range.
The role may require participating in the planning, mobilisation, operation, and demobilisation phases of rental project. It carries the responsibility of resource augmentation to Rental and Workshop team.
Innovate for a better world with us. Protechting People and Planet drives every solution.
- Focus on customer support, commissioning, and service on assigned Kongsberg Ocean Technologies product range.
- Technical manning on desk / mobile device for remote support as require by Kongsberg Global Customer Support world-wide framework.
- Maintain good relationship with existing clients
- Proper preparation and execution of work assigned
- Responsible for generation of service reports, update drawings, cable information database and others
- Ensure performance are always met.
- Pre and post Works administrative
- Commissioning, Service, and repair of Kongsberg supplied underwater Systems.
- Workshop test and technical preparations
- Liaison between customers and main office on all aspects of pre-commissioning/ commissioning, maintenance, and operation of the systems
- Position will cover South-East Asia, Oceania, and possibly other part of the world
- Required to undertake ad-hoc duties which may be assigned from time-to-time.
Qualifications and experience
- Min. Bachelor / Diploma in electrical / electronic or Mechatronic background.
- At least 1-year relevant experience in customer service.
- Direct technical hands-on experience on Single/Multi beam system both in software and hardware.
- Technical hands-on experience on underwater acoustics system.
- Experience on under-water survey experience / underwater positioning system required.
- Experience or understand Long Base Line or Hydro-acoustic Aided Inertial Navigation.
- Technical experience with Marine / Underwater sonar / hydrography / oceanography sensors (preferred).
- Functional test and verification including signal tracing, use of lab equipment such as oscilloscope, frequency counter, impedance meter etc (preferred).
- Technical experience with Marine navigational equipment (preferred).
- Experience on Project management and commissioning of new deliveries will be added advantage
- Proficient in basic MS office applications
- Good knowledge with marine survey software and various marine survey data format.
- Good knowledge on computer network system / topology will be an added advantage.
- Meticulous and customer-oriented person
- Ensure customers’ satisfaction and on quality of services
- Team player
- Willing to travel for overseas assignment
- Able to travel on short notice
You are able to
- develop a high-reaching, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Personal development and career opportunities
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
- Pay package will be commensurate with experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview
*Kongsberg employees are reminded to notify their department manager prior to application for any position within the company
6 Tuas Drive 1, Singapore 638673
Point of contact
Kongsberg Discovery is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations, and project delivery for KONGSBERG's subsea and marine surface sensors, hydroacoustic positioning, sonar & mapping systems, robotic vessels, and communications systems. Through its comprehensive portfolio of offerings, Kongsberg Discovery continues to be recognized as a world leader in its core markets all over the world. We have a strong history and track record of delivering world-class products and services to customers across the globe. There is a firm focus on developing advanced technological and autonomous systems that optimize operations at sea – while simultaneously reducing the environmental impact – our solutions are key in transforming the maritime sector for a more sustainable future.
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet