Field Service Engineer - Netherlands
*** Due to immigration laws this position is only open to EU or Schengen citizens or candidates with a permanent resident & work permit ***
We are expanding our experienced Service Delivery team in The Netherlands and are looking for Service Engineers. In this role, you will be part of the team delivering service, installation, commissioning, refit and retrofit on Kongsberg’s Integrated Marine Automation Systems at our customers’ vessels.
You will perform technical services on ships with our equipment, as well as remote support to our customers.
If you have an interest in the maritime industry and technical qualifications in electro, automation, electronics, or relevant experience then you have the competence we seek. And if you also identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself highly motivated to travel for support activities, then you are the candidate we are looking for.
What we offer
As a service engineer you will get the chance to work towards PROTECHTING PEOPLE AND PLANET with leading technology in an industry which is working towards more environment friendly and green solutions. You will collaborate with people from different cultures and travel the world.
You will be an important contributor in an exclusive technical, safe and fun environment. This all concludes in a challenging job with varied tasks and activities. We offer you a high degree of personal development by on-the-job training, but also national and international class courses and a variety of career opportunities.
Kongsberg Maritime Netherlands BV is linked to the Collective Labor Agreement ‘Metal & Technique’ for all collective arrangements, like salary increases, vacation/ADV arrangements, a good pension scheme, et cetera.
We have excellent secondary benefits exceeding the mandatory benefits from the collective agreement, including a company car / laptop / mobile phone, flexible work hours, hybrid working, additional contribution to the pension scheme and other monetary benefits. This is all next to a competitive salary with an annual salary increase step system.
- Maintenance, repair and troubleshooting incl. refit/retrofit of Integrated Marine Automation Systems
- Remote technical support to our customers and assistance to colleagues
- Responsible from the initial support request to preparation, attendance, and completion of your service projects
- Documentation and reporting
Qualifications and experience
- A degree e.g., Engineering / Maritime Officer. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of education
- Experience in the field of maritime, shipping and/or offshore oil & gas installations is an advantage
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows / Office
- Proficient written and oral skills in English (Dutch language considered an asset)
- Experience with Kongsberg products is an advantage
You are able to
- co-operate well with team members
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships
- use a methodical and systematic approach, define clear priorities
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- enjoy working in a challenging 24/7 industry
Kongsberg Maritime Netherlands BV, is a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime AS with an office with 75 employees based in Spijkenisse, The Netherlands providing Sales, Aftermarket Sales and Global Customer Support to our customers.
Kongsberg Maritime AS is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 35 countries. Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades, and support in the aftermarket. Our employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades, and spare parts to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
Kongsberg Maritime AS is part of KONGSBERG GRUPPEN ASA, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense, and aerospace.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
***Acquisition by employment agencies is not appreciated***
Service Engineer - Mechanical Systems
(Junior) Service Project Coordinator - Netherlands
Field Service Engineer - A&C (m/f/x)