Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (NAVIGATION)
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (NAVIGATION)
Do you dream of working and traveling worldwide? Here's your chance to make it happen! We're looking for a Service Engineer to join our navigation service team. In this role, you'll be responsible for performing service, troubleshooting, maintenance, and commissioning of new systems, as well as providing technical support for our offshore customers.
At Field Service Navigation we are responsible for our sailing fleet with installed K-Bridge Navigation systems, with Radar, Autopilot, ECDIS, GNSS, GMDSS, VDR & Steering solutions. We have one of the most advanced and sophisticated Navigation systems in the industry and are always pushing for new innovations. We support complete Navigation systems where we also integrate other systems like, DP and Automation into a optimal solution for the customer. We have installation on Drilling rigs, Tankers, LNG, Cruises, Mega yachts and much more.
At Kongsberg Maritime, we believe in a culture of teamwork and collaboration. You'll work alongside a supportive team that's dedicated to your success. Plus, you'll receive extensive training before traveling the world.
- Technical support, assistance and service for navigation systems world-wide
- Remote support and digital solutions for navigation systems to internal and external customers
- Commissioning of new systems and modifications / Refit of existing fleets
- Assist in annual sea trials
- Provide in-house technical support by phone and email to internal and external customers
- Engineering and Production of technical documentation
- Be part of 24/7 Support organisation with Duty Phone responsibility
- Inhouse FAT/IAT and test of new Navigation Platforms.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years field service experience in Marine/Ship Navigation systems.
- Service minded with passion and patience for handling customers
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent in English, both written and orally
- Highly motivated for worldwide travel & support activities
- Able to travel within UAE and worldwide on short notice
- Meet the health requirements that apply for offshore work
You are able to
- Be service minded, and customer focused
- Act on your initiative, make things happen, and accept responsibility for the results
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities to complete tasks.
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments and solutions
- Cooperate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
As a field service engineer you will get a chance to work with leading technology in an industry which is working towards more environment friendly and green solutions. You will collaborate with people from different cultures and travel the world. You will be an important contributor in an exclusive technical, challenging and fun environment. Exposure to a high degree of personal development and career opportunities within Kongsberg Maritime.
United Arab Emirates and worldwide
Points of contact
On or before 1st Jan 2024 unless otherwise mutually agreed.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
Read more about our products and company here:
Bridge Systems & Control Centres
Ethics and values
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication