Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Field Service Engineer - DPHW
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
An exciting opportunity has arisen as DPHW Field Service Engineer
• Technical support on Dynamic Positioning Systems, Kongsberg Reference Systems, other Vendor Reference Systems, and various Navigation Systems.
• General support activities and technical assistance including on sight and remote support.
• Up to 50% travel for service trips to vessels, shipyard, and other customer sites.
• Commissioning work on new builds and upgrades to existing installations.
• Technical assistance to Sales & Marketing and Aftersales.
• Follow up with appropriate technical department after service jobs.
• Develop qualifications by participating at internal / external courses and education.
• Maintain certifications through yearly online certification tests.
• Report problems and suggest improvements using KM Quality Tools as QC Responsible.
• Able to operate in a remote environment.
• Carry out service and support for our equipment and customers.
• Identify and report incidents, improvements, and needs to Service Manager.
• Prioritize and complete work tasks for the assigned service trip or project.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Technical education, bachelor, or equivalent combination of experience/education in the related professional field.
• Provide excellent level of support to customers by phone, e-mail, and at site, both onshore and offshore.
• Provide customer support, through commissioning and service on assigned Field Service product range.
• Supply technical assistance during on-call assignments regarding HW/SW issues.
• Attend CATs, Dry-Docking and Sea trials during commissioning and regular service trips.
• Responsible for reporting errors or defects on equipment delivered from KM and suggest improvement actions.
• Provide technical assistance to Sales, After sales, customer, and Field Service team.
• Provide correct documentation when requested.
• Responsible for updating CRM, databases, and documentation after regular services according to Global Customer Support processes.
• Develop own qualifications by participating at internal / external courses and education.
• Be customer oriented and “service minded”.
• Passion and patience to support customers and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to handle simultaneous activities and work in a hectic environment.
• Must be able to travel on short notice.
• Must be comfortable with extended travel activity and work tasks controlled by our customers.
• Be a team worker, with excellent cooperative skills towards colleagues and customers.
• Manage English as the official “work language”.
• Ability to work independently, self-driven.
KONGSBERG is an equal opportunity employer. With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Work Location: Veracruz, Mexico
Closing date by November 26th, 2023.