FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER - Automation
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER - Automation
Our Field Service Engineers are in the first line when it comes to representing Kongsberg to our worldwide customers. To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our Global Customer Support (GCS) department at Dubai in United Arab Emirates.
Working as a Field Service Engineer (Systems), you will do installation and commissioning of Kongsberg’s Automation systems such as but not limited to K-Chief 700, K-Thrust, K-IMS, K-Safe (Software & Hardware, including Interfaces and engineering) inhouse, on vessels and in major shipyards around the world. You will also perform on-call & planned services and maintenance on sailing ships, as well as in-house technical support to our customers. If you have technical qualifications in electronics or instrumentation, can identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative and reliable, and are highly motivated for worldwide travel & support activities, you are the person we are looking for.
- Installation and commissioning of our Automation products/systems
- Inhouse engineering and onboard commissioning
- Field Service and maintenance onboard vessels worldwide offshore, in ports or shipyards
- Commissioning of new systems and modifications / Refit of existing fleets
- Provide in-house technical support by phone and email to internal and external customers
- Engineering and Production of technical documentation
- Be part of 24/7 Support organisation with Duty Phone responsibility
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one or more of the following: electronics, instrumentation, or mechatronics.
- Minimum 3 years field experience in Marine Automation systems.
- Experience in K-Chief 700 systems will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel on short notice
- Fluent in English, both written and orally
- Highly motivated for worldwide travel & support activities
- Meet the health requirements that apply for offshore work
You are able to
- Be service minded, and customer focused
- Act on your initiative, make things happen, and accept responsibility for the results
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities to complete tasks.
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments and solutions
- Cooperate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
As a field service engineer you will get a chance to work with leading technology in an industry which is working towards more environment friendly and green solutions. You will collaborate with people from different cultures and travel the world. You will be an important contributor in an exclusive technical, challenging and fun environment. Exposure to a high degree of personal development and career opportunities within Kongsberg Maritime.
United Arab Emirates and worldwide
Points of contact
On or before 1st Dec 2023 unless otherwise mutually agreed.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
Read more about our products and company here:
Ethics and values
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication