Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Field Service Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen as we are now strengthening our Field Service Engineer (FSE) team at Kongsberg Discovery in Horten!
As a FSE your main tasks will be to travel out to our customers location and perform repair, maintenance and upgrades on their AUV systems. When you are not out travelling you will offer in-house technical support and remote service to external and internal customers. You will also be a support for our System as a Service team for operational services of the AUV.
Our FSE are at the front line when representing KONGSBERG to our worldwide customers. If you have technical qualifications, like to work hands on, and identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, and reliable, and are motivated for worldwide support activities: Then you are the person we are looking for.
Send us an application where you tell us why this position suits you and why you as a person are fitted for this job.
Kongsberg Discovery AS, Customer Services, Uncrewed platforms is responsible for technical advisory, support, and training for our Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) systems. Our goal is to provide support and services to fulfill our customer needs the best possible way.
Our AUV, Hugin, can dive down to 6000 m depth and scan the seabed using multibeam echosounder (EM) and High resolution Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Sonar (HiSAS). It also consists of different environmental sensor.
For more information please visit: https://www.kongsberg.com/maritime/products/marine-robotics/autonomous-underwater-vehicles/AUV-hugin-superior/
- Repair, maintenance, and service jobs worldwide.
- Technical support and on-call/remote service.
- Approximately 80-100 travel days a year.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor/master’s in engineering or other relevant skills/experience.
- Good IT/PC/network skills.
- Good communication skills in English and Norwegian. Both oral and written.
- Experienced and non-experienced engineers are encouraged to apply.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results.
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way.
- work independent, co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area.
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively.
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments.
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities.
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions.
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration.
- An inspiring and safe work environment.
- Personal development and career opportunities.
Horten, with substantial worldwide travel
Point of contact
Henning Tolleifsen, Customer Support Manager, +47 992 03 959
Kongsberg Discovery is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations, and project delivery for KONGSBERG's subsea and marine surface sensors, hydroacoustic positioning, sonar & mapping systems, robotic vessels, and communications systems. Through its comprehensive portfolio of offerings, Kongsberg Discovery continues to be recognized as a world leader in its core markets all over the world. We have a strong history and track record of delivering world-class products and services to customers across the globe. There is a firm focus on developing advanced technological and autonomous systems that optimize operations at sea – while simultaneously reducing the environmental impact – our solutions are key in transforming the maritime sector for a more sustainable future.
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet