Field Service Engineer
For more than 200 years KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions.
Today, we are a world leader in maritime surveillance, space, defence, aerospace, maritime operations and offshore energy.
Kongsberg Norcontrol maritime surveillance systems improve safety, efficiency and security of maritime transportation and its infrastructure by providing optimal maritime domain awareness for our customers. Our maritime surveillance systems are in service with the world's leading maritime coastal organisations, most successful port authorities and safest offshore operators.
Field Service Engineer
As our UK office continues to grow, we are seeking another Field Service Engineer to provide technical support services for our maritime surveillance systems including sensors such as Radar, Electro-optics, AIS, and DF/ESM that use Radio Frequency (RF) technologies.
Responsibilities and tasks
The role carries responsibility for providing maintenance, repair and installation of maritime surveillance systems including complex fault diagnosis. Working in the Operations department, the main responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Technical support services of deployed maritime surveillance systems including associated sensors, communications, networks, and software
- Deployment services including installation, commissioning, and acceptance activities
- Participation in the duty technical support team 24-hour on-call roster
- Conduct on-site preventative and rectification maintenance
- Lone working in accordance with Health and Safety instructions
- Working at height both onshore and offshore
- Guide our customers to implement best practice
- Ensure quality information is entered into our CRM ticketing tool
- Resolve assigned CRM tickets within defined service levels/limits
- Provision of technical and operational training
- Internal technical support services
- Production of reports and necessary documentation for administration and invoicing purposes.
- Essential; NVQ 3 in related subject
- Preferable; BSc in an RF, microwave, digital, IT or Telecoms based subject.
- Essential; Maintenance/installation of RF equipment and RF propagation
- Preferable; 3+ years maintenance of Radar, Electro-optics, AIS, and DF/ESM.
- Able to work independently
- Fault-finding: RF/IP systems and software applications
- Reliable and practical
- Positive mind-set
- Strong work ethic.
- Salary £32,000-£35,000 per annum dependent upon qualifications and experience; reviewed annually
- Car/Van; Pool for business use
- Insurance; Life and private medical on completion of probationary period
- Holiday; 28 days per annum plus Bank holidays
- Training; Fully funded including manufacturer on-site courses
- Work schedule; 37.5 hours per week although on-site visit is expected to be completed on the day
- On-Call; Approx. 1 in 4 roster
- Interesting challenges with a company in strong growth
- Travel opportunities to Norway, Middle East and other regions.
Location: Hybrid/North Bristol
Home page: www.kongsberg.com/Norcontrol