Experienced UI Designer
Are you an experienced, creative, and meticulous UI Designer or product designer with a solid grasp on interaction design principles and patterns, branding, typography, composition, and colour theory, and are you adept at utilizing an existing design system to create high fidelity wireframes and prototypes for user testing and handover to developers?
Would you like to be part of both an ambitious but informal UX & Design team working holistically and strategically on the end2end user journey, while also working in a dev team, being very hands on with the design of the product that our passengers interface with?
If you are nodding - Great, we might have a match!
We are looking for someone who …
- Has really strong UI skills and at least 3 years of professional experience as either UI Designer, Product Designer or UI/UX Designer (with an emphasis on the UI)
- Has solid experience working either in Figma (as we do), or in a similar interface design tool, like Sketch or Adobe XD
- Has been responsible for creating really well thought out designs that support a great user experience that converts
- Is comfortable using and contributing to a Design system
- Has a solid understanding of UX and an interest in basing design on data
- Is a team player who values collaboration and sparring, and is able to give and receive constructive feedback on designs
- Is able to take initiative and takes responsibility for getting things done
- Would feel at home in an informal and innovative workplace
- Is a strong communicator who knows how to provide sound rationales for design decisions to a variety of stakeholders
- Is fluent in English, both written and spoken. This is especially important as our corporate language is English
So who are we?
DFDS is a 155-year-old integrated shipping and logistics company – the largest in Northern Europe – who also operates ferries for passengers. This means our customers are both B2B and B2C.
Now 155 years old might sound a bit dusty, but we are a very modern, diverse, and innovative organisation, that recognizes the value of UX and design, bases decisions on data, and supports UX into higher level strategy.
In DFDS you will be joining the over 350 people in the swanky new HQ in Copenhagen, who already enjoy a great and social workplace with a healthy work/life balance, where individuals are afforded a fairly great extent of flexibility and freedom, because we believe in people. Here you will have access to both a lovely cantine, café, game room, fitness facility and an ocean view you just can’t beat.
We are more than 12.000 employees in DFDS across our more than 20 locations in Europe.
You will be working the majority of your time on the B2C passenger product (that you can see on https://www.dfds.com/en-gb/passenger-ferries) but also work in the UX & Design team with the skilled, and friendly international UX Designers, a UX Researcher well versed in quantitative and qualitative research methods, a talented UI Designer who develops and matures our Figma based design system Hydro, and a UX Team Lead who works strategically with upper management to make sure that UX and design is part of the process, who arranges UX Days with among other things cross team UX reviews and knowledge sharing, for instance from courses we have participated in or UX & design related topics that we are passionate about.
In your new job you will …
- Collaborate closely with the two UX Designers in the passenger development team on how our online passenger booking flow, booking amendment, profile and more, should look and function in order to provide a great experience
- Ideate on new and existing solutions in collaboration with the passenger development team, other UX and/or UI Designers, Architects, and/or stakeholders from the business
- Produce designs/wireframes in Figma using our design system
- Discuss user testing of new designs and features with our UX Designers and UX Researcher
- Communicate design and provide rationale for design decisions to relevant people, both in the UX & Design Team and to other stakeholders in DFDS
- Take responsibility, grow, and have fun!
Are we a match? - Apply now!
Deadline for application is December 4th, and the first of two rounds of interviews will likely be held in mid December, so please send us both:
- Your resume of relevant experience
- A portfolio with a few cases where you have done some really well thought out high fidelity design work that you would like to share, and that you feel represents you.
Our 3rd party recruitment system is somewhat unflexible, so portfolio sharing can be done in 1 of 2 ways:
1) Upload your portfolio file (PDF - max 10 MB) under the 'Upload Coverletter'
2) Paste a link to your online portfolio in the 'Cover letter'-text field
We do not require a cover letter, but applications without portfolios will not be considered.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you!
If you are left with any questions regarding the position you are welcome to write and email to Marie Krause, UX & Design Team Lead, email@example.com.
Thesis internship - Cybersecurity aspects in the Financial sector
Internship – Risk and Derivative systems
Declaration of interest for internship
Digital Transformation Consultant