Energy Storage Manager (f/m/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft recently announced its new corporate strategy, with the aim to strengthen its position as a leading renewable energy company. Statkraft is already the largest producer of renewable energy in Europe and is planning to develop an additional 4 GW onshore wind capacity and about 2 GW solar power within 2025 globally. The majority of the growth is planned in Europe (namely France, Germany, Spain and the Netherlands), and we are pursuing both organic growth as well as potential M&A opportunities to reach the target.
The business area European Wind and Solar (E) is responsible for development and ownership of wind and solar assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and development of new business opportunities.
- Identify new opportunities to be launched and developed for storage in combination with solar o wind projects or for grid services.
- Explore storage and hybrid solutions for wind and solar projects included in the Portfolio.
- Responsible for providing the economics of projects with storage solutions including costs and revenues to feed and preprare Financial models.
- Analyze and design best combination of storage in terms of size, charging hours and energy dispatching to maximize Project return. Setting up a GIS for wind & solar power for Spain and Portugal in ArcGIS.
- Dimension and calculate most optimal breakeven for hybrid Projects.
- Supporting Business Development and Project Management team along Project development of Project portfolio.
- To keep updated about existing regulatory framework and new legislation for storage and hybrid opportunities. Active participation in Forums and associations related with storage.
- Effectively and professionally manages relationships with external stakeholders related with storage, including technology suppliers, PV, inverter and wind manufacturers, specialized consultants, etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a comparable position
- Knowledge in software of integration and dispatching is desirable.
- Accurate and structured working method with a high sense for precision
- Good team-player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial drive and motivation to build the business
- Business operational level in English
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire. The position is based in Madrid.