eMobility and electrification consultant
At DFDS, we are committed to a climate-neutral future, and are working proactively to make this a reality for all areas of our business and for the customers we serve. Our sustainability efforts cover a broad range of transport modes and logistics solutions, working across all divisions of the company to create the end-to-end green transport corridors of the future.
We are looking for a capable and energetic electrification consultant with a passion for solving complex puzzles that will enable us to progress our sustainability efforts.
We expect your key responsibilities to include:
- Collect, gather, and analyze information about emobility and electrification initiatives and actors in relevant geographies
- Lead project workstreams in the areas of emobility, charging solutions and electrification of warehouses/ terminals
- Advise internally and externally on technical, sustainability and commercial aspects of electrical infrastructure, storage and electricity production solutions
- Establish and develop a partner network for charging and renewable electricity services
- Work closely with our Technology & Innovation division to ensure the optimum software and data solutions to support our electrification journey
- Understand and advise on the broader sustainability impacts associated with battery storage, battery logistics and electrification
- Ensure relevant documentation is produced, maintained, and reported
- Keep updated on political and regulatory developments concerning energy solutions, and disseminate information about these to stakeholders
- Contribute to our sustainable logistics strategy and our short-term and long-term Climate Action Plan
We prefer that you are based at our HQ in Copenhagen, and you will report to Sophie-Kim Chapman, Vice President, Head of Sustainable Logistics.
Experience, pragmatism and drive
You probably hold a relevant Master’s degree and have 5 years relevant, recent and ongoing experience in energy projects or emobility projects, with a technical knowledge, underpinned by a focus on commercial viability and strategy.
Experience of the transport sector is an advantage. Experience of energy trading, on and-off grid energy projects, renewable energy sourcing and PPAs is desirable.
As well as a good understanding of broader socio-economic and environmental sustainability issues, you are acutely analytical, and routinely anchor your work in research, data and metrics. You have a very high level of both written and verbal communication in English, and the ability to communicate with business, creative and technical colleagues at all levels with ease.
You should be able to demonstrate the ability to proactively create value above and beyond providing advice: you are self-driving, problem solving and pragmatic, with respect for colleagues and the confidence to work productively with other specialists, but a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the detail when needed.
We expect you to be motivated by being part of a small, high-performing team who embrace challenge and change, and in which all team members relish working top to bottom in their roles.
Successful candidates will join a talented, passionate, innovation- and delivery-focused team, within a company that is committed to a sustainable future. All team members are expected to take ownership of their own responsibilities, further develop their own role, and contribute to the development and direction of the team as a whole.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Sophie Kim Chapman, Vice President, Head of Sustainable Logistics, phone: +45 9137 4056
If you find the job interesting, please submit your CV and application in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. The position will be filled as soon as possible.
Operations Manager - Cyber Security & Connectivity
Head of Logistics Implementation & Support
Senior Manager PR and Communications
Summer Intern 2023 - Forretningsutvikler Hydrogen