EDM Data Steward (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
Digitalisation Office is a new department within Finance & Risk serving as the main interface between Finance & Risk and Statkraft IT globally. The department centralizes digitalisation activities for Finance and Risk. This includes core processes within Markets & IT, overseeing the functional system architecture as well as ensuring Finance & Risk strategy and ambitions are met through Finance & Risk projects and initiatives.
Securing high quality data and striving for a data architecture that scales with business is key for the on-going digitalisation journey. To establish our self-developed Enterprise Data Management (EDM) platform and to update the governance framework is part of facilitating this. As the EDM platform owner for Finance & Risk data, the Digitalisation Office seeks to secure compliant and governed data through prudent ownership and management of data.
As EDM Data Steward, you will manage Finance & Risk data hands-on as well as create and implement policies and procedures for Finance & Risk data that ensure the requirements of the business in the EDM platform are met. Additionally, you will be expected to contribute to the existing data governance framework, the data architecture and EDM platform, and to co-define strategies with IT. You will work within a cross-functional team of various data stewards from different domains, data custodians and key stakeholders from IT.
Your tasks include:
- Be responsible for the management of Finance & Risk (meta) data on behalf of the data owner, and be the main contact for Finance & Risk related data questions in the EDM space
- Maintain and keep oversight of technical data solutions, existing datasets, data environments and data procedures relevant for Markets & IT
- Elicit, capture and analyse end-user data business requirements
- Assist in the technical implementation of captured requirements, rules and methodologies
- Configure relevant systems to ensure sourcing of data to the EDM and sub-systems
- Establish data standards and manage data definitions and meta-data
- Understand and actively manage cross dependencies in EDM to avoid disruptive changes
- Contribute to and evolve the data governance framework and establish good practices
- Provide training on the data governance framework and data management
- Assist with data procurement, vendor contact and ensure data usage is within license requirements
- Perform data integration tests and manage data pipelines in the EDM domain
- University degree in the area of Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Minimum of two years proven track record of working with data management and market data in commodity markets. Alternatively, solid experience within timeseries and cross-sectional types of data from other asset classes or business areas
- Good understanding of trading environments and the basic mechanics of financial instruments
- Ability to challenge existing truths, tenacity to get the problem right and work through to conclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate well across various functional environments
- Firsthand experience with data governance and management processes, including insights to governance frameworks as i.e. DAMA
- Previous exposure to a primary programming language is preferred
- Fluent in English and preferably fluent in Norwegian and/or German
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
The position is in Oslo (Norway) or Düsseldorf (Germany). Some travelling is expected.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.