We are looking to hire two Development Engineers to join the Engineering – Thrusters team in our Global Customer Support division at Kongsberg Maritime Finland OY. As a Development Engineer you will be responsible for developing and upgrading solutions for the Propulsion product portfolio. Currently we are handling upgrade designing of the present fleet with more than 1000 thrusters. By joining our team, you get to work with products that optimize manoeuvring conditions and provide positioning power in our dynamic positioning applications.
We are looking for someone who works systematically and has good teamwork skills to work in close collaboration with the Technical Product Manager to fulfil the requirements set by our product strategy and customers. If you have curious and analytical mindset, and eagerness to bring innovative ideas into realization, you might be the Development Engineer we are searching for. We are looking for the right fit for our team, thus can adapt the role to meet your experience.
If you want to challenge yourself and be in the forefront of creating new solutions for the maritime industry, apply now!
- Mechanical design of offshore Azimuth thrusters
- Upgrade Design of the present fleet with more than 1000 thrusters
- Technical responsibility over design projects
- Utilizing modern drive technology in design purposes
- Collaboration with other stakeholders in R&D projects, and co-operation with our Offshore Service Team
Qualification and experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in mechanical design and with 3D modelling
- Previous experience with 3D design tools (we use NX), and AutoCad
- Previous experience with PLM systems (experience with Team Center is an advantage)
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Experience with the Finite Element Method is an advantage
- Previous experience and knowledge of shipbuilding and maritime industry are considered as an advantage
- Possibility to travel and visit offshore vessels
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan, define clear priorities, and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary, good benefit package, flexible work hours, and good development opportunities in an international environment. In accordance with the remote work policy, you have the possibility for flexible remote work. By choosing us, you get to work in an inspiring and safe work-environment with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
In case of questions, you may contact Mikko Knuuti, Team leader - Design Engineers, on 21.11 and 24.11 during 13.00-17.00. Tel. +358 40 8233029.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries.
Kongsberg Maritime delivers high technology systems and solutions for its customers worldwide in the extremely demanding field of maritime industry. The offices of Kongsberg Maritime Finland are in Rauma, Kokkola and Turku. We design, manufacture and market Azimuth thrusters, deck machinery and waterjets, in addition to designing new solutions for the maritime industry. We are offering a versatile and demanding job in the line of global marine technology, training and positive career development and a supportive working environment.
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades, and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication