Are you looking for a transport role on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern? DFDS are looking for someone who has previous experience in the transport industry to work 0600-0800 4 days on 4 days off. You will be joining a small but energetic team based at Wisbech and dealing with both customers and our fleet of drivers on a daily basis so excellent communication is a must. You will have experience with providing solutions, building relationships, have excellent IT skills and be able to understand external IT systems such as Tachomaster. If you feel this role is right for you, please get in touch, we are paying a salary of £24,500.00 for the right candidate.
- Support other team members in problem solving, carrying out root cause analysis and driving improvements.
- Build strong relationships with driver agencies ensuring we have a network of drivers that can service our customers’ needs.
- Review and produce KPIs and other data looking for improvements in service and/or costs and supporting targets to be met.
- Pre-brief and de-brief drivers to ensure they understand their requirements for the day and that we act on any issues they find whilst on the job.
- Update records so that invoices, reports and statistical information can be produced.
- Develop an understanding of DFDS IT systems such as Velocity and Mandata.
- Good IT skills covering Microsoft packages and ability to understand external systems such as Tachomaster.
- Responsible for maintaining current records of Audit performance set against regulatory, legislative and business requirements.
- Assure and manage DFDS Logistics audit standards and monitoring protocols.
- Communicate directly with our customers, listening to their needs and giving them great customer service.
- Be reactive to the needs of the business, flexing what the priorities are on any given day.
- Support in the resourcing our of driver plan to ensure delivery on time and management of costs.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!