Data Engineer to Advanced Analytics and AI Team
Bank, finans og forsikring
The Advanced Analytics & AI Team is specialized in data analytics and model development and works with business units throughout Handelsbanken. We apply mathematical statistics, machine learning and other technologies to initiatives and projects in a wide range of areas such as content personalization, product development and business strategy.
We work cross-functionally with other teams in an environment characterized by initiative, collaboration and innovation to tackle business challenges by predicting outcomes, understanding complex data relationships and constructing models that contribute to a better experience for our customers.Your Role
As a Data Engineer you will collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists, statisticians and business analysts to implement solutions to business problems. You will be a part of data science projects through optimizing data flows, creating structure in large data sets and building features based on the data.
The role involves interpreting complex data and translating it into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making. You will enjoy the freedom to explore new projects and solutions, the support to think outside the box and the opportunity to expand your data engineering skillset through development opportunities and researching innovative tools and techniques to level up our capabilities.About You
- You have a master’s degree or similar in a technical field with above average academic results
- You have excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language in addition to SQL (e.g. Python or Java)
- Experience working with data and building data pipelines with respect to data modeling, orchestration and validation
- Strong ability to interpret data and its associated business context
- You constantly want to learn new skills and are proactive with your own development
- You know Swedish or are open to spending time to learn Swedish
We are looking for a person who fits the positive, friendly and supportive culture of Handelsbanken. The ideal candidate is curious, inventive, strives for improvement every single day and shares our aim to be smart, humble and, above all, collaborative.We Offer
- The chance to develop fast in an expanding team with an abundance of interesting opportunities
- A friendly and collaborative work environment where colleagues learn and achieve together
- Competitive compensation and pension plan
- 5+ weeks paid vacation
- Extensive benefit package (subsidized banking services, health care, lunch and more)
- Office at prime location in central Stockholm
We look forward to receiving your cover letter, CV and academic records. Furthermore, we are particularly interested in previous team work experience, what motivates you and achievements that you are proud of.
The promotion of gender equality, diversity and an inclusive corporate culture is a fundamental part of our values. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to submit their applications.