Data Engineer in Revenue Management
In DFDS's Revenue Management Department we are looking for a Data Engineer who can help us build robust data pipelines and API integrations around our pricing tool.
In the Revenue Management Department we are continuously working with projects which fuse pricing experience and ‘know how’ with data science to help our passenger and freight business become even more profitable.
We are looking for a talented individual to join us in our future journey and can help transform our ideas and ambition into real life working solutions.
- build data heavy engine that generates price suggestions and helps to steer ships’ capacities.
- build API integrations between pricing tools and a booking system.
- help data scientists to deploy their machine learning models into production.
Additional tasks will include:
- help migrate existing on-prem solutions to cloud.
- build data products together with data engineers from IT.
- support revenue managers in their data needs
Preferred professional candidate profile
- You can write python code that transforms data (e.g. in Pandas, Numpy) and communicates with APIs.
- You can perform large set operations in SQL.
- DevOps experience.
Nice to have (but not critical) skills:
- development in cloud (preferably AWS + Kubernetes cluster)
- CI/CD automation in Azure Pipelines or equivalent
- development and deployment of machine learning microservices.
- other programming languages (C#.NET, R, Linux Bash)
- GUI automation
- writing tests
- web scraping
- data visualizations (Python Plotly (Dash), R Shiny, Tableau...)
Preferred personal candidate profile
You will be in frequent contact with people with broad experience. Some of them will be more focused on business, some on technical aspects. Your internal customers have a high data literacy.
It is desirable that:
- You can gather requirements from end users.
- You can explain technical problems to non-technical people.
- You can produce nicely structured code.
Are we a match? APPLY NOW!
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
If you are left with any questions, please contact Tomáš Pokorný at email@example.com.