Data Engineer in Revenue Management
For our Revenue Management Department we are looking for a Data Engineer who can help build robust data pipelines and API integrations around our pricing tool.
Become Data Engineer in Revenue Management and Innovate our pricing tool
In the Revenue Management Department of DFDS we are continuously working with projects which fuse pricing experience and ‘know how’ with data science to help our passenger and freight business become even more profitable.
We are looking for a talented individual to join us in our future journey and can help transform our ideas and ambition into real life working solutions.
- You will be as close to business as a technical person (who wants to retain their hands-on technical experience) can be.
- You will become a subject matter expert in building tools managing pricing and capacity.
- You will be working closely with revenue managers, data scientists and other data engineers.
"Seeing the impact of my work at first-hand is very motivating and fulfilling." // Reidar Luid, Data Scientist, Revenue Management
“The projects I work on have a big potential of changing the way DFDS functions as a company.” // Tomáš Pokorný, BI Consultant, Revenue Management
- build data heavy engine that generates price suggestions and helps to steer ships’ capacities.
- build API integrations between pricing tools and a booking system.
- help data scientists to deploy their machine learning models into production.
In addition to this you will:
- help migrate existing on-prem solutions to cloud.
- build data products together with data engineers from IT.
- support revenue managers in their data needs
What we are looking for
Ideally we imagine that you have 3 years of experience from a similar role.
Further, your competences include that:
- You can write python code that transforms data (e.g. in Pandas, Numpy) and communicates with APIs.
- You can perform large set operations in SQL.
- You have some DevOps experience.
And you want the opportunity to learn and work with:
- development in cloud (preferably AWS + Kubernetes cluster)
- CI/CD automation in Azure Pipelines or equivalent
- development and deployment of machine learning microservices.
- other programming languages (C#.NET, R, Linux Bash)
- GUI automation
- writing tests
- web scraping
- data visualizations (Python Plotly (Dash), R Shiny, Tableau...)
You will be in frequent contact with people with broad experience. Some of them will be more focused on business, some on technical aspects. Your internal customers have a high data literacy.
It is desirable that:
- You can gather requirements from end users.
- You can explain technical problems to non-technical people.
- You can produce nicely structured code.
Grow with DFDS
DFDS has 340+ IT and Digital employees working with the latest IT development technology and tools. So, this job is a great opportunity to develop your skills within IT, agile processes and grow in a large international company with myriads of career opportunities.
Besides our daily work, the team is a social unit with group activities, dinners, sports events and a positive social vibe, which you will be sure to meet in rest of DFDS as well.
DFDS employs more than 8,000 people on land and sea all over Europe. Read more about us.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
If you are left with any questions please contact, BI Consultant, Tomáš Pokorný at firstname.lastname@example.org.