Data Engineer in Revenue Management
Are you a data engineering professional with a passion for driving business success through data innovation?
Our Revenue Management Department is looking for a talented Data Engineer to join the team and take its data platform to the next level, contributing to building industry-defining revenue management tools, helping DFDS stay at the forefront of the industry.
In the Revenue Management Department of DFDS we are continuously working with projects which fuse pricing experience and ‘know how’ with data science to help our passenger and freight business become even more profitable. We are looking for a talented individual to join us in our future journey and can help transform our ideas and ambition into real life working solutions.
Ideally you have 2+ years of experience from a similar role
- build data heavy engine that generates price suggestions and helps to manage ships’ capacities.
- build robust data pipelines and API integrations
- deploy and maintain machine learning and optimization models
- build data products in collaboration with data engineers from IT
- improve MLOps procedures
- support revenue managers in their data needs.
Preferred professional candidate profile
- You can perform complex operations and process large datasets in SQL.
- You can write clean and readable python code.
- DevOps mindset
Nice to have (but not critical, can be taught) skills:
- create workflows in Apache Airflow
- CI/CD automation in Azure Pipelines or equivalent
- development in cloud (preferably AWS + Kubernetes cluster)
- development of machine learning microservices.
- other programming languages (C#.NET, R, Linux Bash)
- writing tests
- web scraping
- data visualizations (Python Plotly (Dash), R Shiny, Tableau...)
Preferred personal candidate profile
You will be in frequent contact with people with broad experience. Some of them will be more focused on business, some on technical aspects. Your internal customers have a high data literacy. Your closest team consists of data engineers, data scientists and a visualization specialist.
It is desirable that you can:
- gather requirements from end users
- explain technical problems to non-technical people
- produce nicely structured code
If you find the job interesting, please submit your CV and application in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially.
If you are left with any questions, please contact Tomáš Pokorný at email@example.com.
Be part of the movement!