We are looking for a Data Engineer!
Are you passionate about Data & Analytics? Are you eager to turn requirements into solutions or products that solve real business challenges, and are ready to join our exciting journey in becoming more data-driven? Come be our new colleague!
As a Data Engineer in Data & Analytics, you will become part of an agile team that builds innovative end-to-end data products, using both descriptive and predictive analytics across many exciting business domains within DFDS. You come to be a part of an international team with many nationalities and locations across the whole EU.
We are an evolving team, where you with the right skill- and mindset, could have a high level of influence on the way solutions are built. We are modernizing our analytics setup; hence you will play a vital role in designing and developing the data infrastructure to support innovation initiatives and long-term projects using traditional DWH and ETL technologies but moving towards a cloud-based setup with event streaming and serverless.
With very diverse business domains (Freight Ferries, Logistics, Passenger Ferries, Terminals) supported by many different core systems and solutions, there is a huge potential for the application of analytics, big data solutions, machine learning, etc.
As a Data Engineer in Data & Analytics, you will primarily be responsible for building data pipelines (both centralized and decentralized) that support the different business initiatives together with product owners, other development teams, and/or data scientists. All from identifying, collecting, and integrating data from various sources to building robust domain-based data products for analytical purposes. Same as contributing to the further development and technical implementation of our Data Platform.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Informatics, or a related discipline.
• 2+ years of real-world experience in data engineering, data science, business intelligence, or related.
• Proven knowledge in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
• Experience building data products incrementally and managing large and complex data sets from varied sources (on-prem and cloud).
• Experience developing solutions with Microsoft BI platform (MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS).
• Exceptional SQL skills.
• A preference to work in an agile environment.
• The ability to understand and communicate clearly with internal stakeholders.
• Speak and write English fluently.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience with AWS technologies (RDS, S3, Athena, Lambda, etc.).
• Programming experience with C# or Python.
• Experience with software development lifecycle, coding best practices, code reviews, and unit testing.
• Experience in using modern methods/tools - e.g., CI/CD, DevOps, and Git.
We are looking for a person who brings experience, but who is also able to listen and collaborate to find the best solutions and to influence the rest of the team. Cross-cultural experience and desire to work in an international environment.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis and all applications will be treated confidentially.