Are you passionate about data and dreaming of having a position in wich you can set direction and help shape our company in a strategically crucial area?
If so, then you could be the newest addition to our Data & Analytics team as we are looking for a new Data Consultant.
Be part of the movement and play a part in our exciting Data & Analytics journey!
At DFDS, we believe that digital technologies and the pace of their adoption are key driving forces in changing the ways that businesses work.
The Technology & Innovation organization within DFDS has a broad scope and is designed to operate both centrally and cross-functionally, in close collaboration with senior management, core business areas and IT teams.
Within our Data & Analytics department, we are currently looking for a Data Consultant to help our colleagues and stakeholders in the Logistics division getting more insight into their business through data.
Why join us?
This is an opportunity to influence and be part of a strategically important department in DFDS during an exciting time with lots of changes and possibilities to influence the direction of the department.
We are on a mission to improve data-driven decision making and make more colleagues in DFDS work with data on both an operational and strategic level.
While you’re with us, we want you to develop and move yourself on. We’ll encourage you to challenge yourself to acquire new skills and perspectives
DFDS is a great place to work:
- Work environment is focused on maintaining work-life balance
- Modern new headquarters overlooking the Nordhavn harbour and located a few minutes’ walk away from the station
- Free travel with our passenger routes for employees (and discounts on shopping)
- Competitive salary, health insurance, and pension scheme
- The possibility to dedicate time regularly to develop new or improve existing skills
- Plenty of opportunities to be social with colleagues (Friday bars, sports club, wine club, rowing, etc.)
What could a day in the life of a Data Consultant look like?
In the morning, you start your day participating in the daily stand-up with your colleagues from Data Engineering. Here you find out how work is progressing on the tasks that you prioritized in the previous sprint planning, and whether there are any blockers you need to take care of.
After that, you grab a coffee and jump on a call with a colleague from the Logistics division to discuss her great idea of a new, improved reporting feature that could save her team a lot of time every month. This feature fits nicely into the quarterly priorities of the division, so after the meeting you prepare the specifications for the data engineers.
Once you have had a lunch with your colleagues, you spend some time exploring a part of the business, where your analysis has found that data adoption is currently low. You piece together a quick and dirty report that provides new insights into the business area and set up a meeting with relevant business colleagues to present your thoughts and ideas.
In the afternoon, you spend some time on an e-learning course to improve a skill of your own choice. You end the day with a brainstorm session with the rest of the Data Consultancy team to discuss a new initiative related to data literacy.
Who are we looking for?
We think the strongest teams are built on diversity and inclusivity. Contrasting opinions, varied skills and strong characters bring out the best in us all.
With this in mind, we think that you:
- are analytical with a passion for data
- have a strong desire to learn and develop yourself
- have a mix of technical capabilities and project management skills, and you enjoy working with a wide array of stakeholders on making DFDS a more data-driven company
- can maintain a holistic view of a large business area and are able to prioritize what is most important
- have a degree within Economics, Finance, Business Administration, IT or similar
We value team fit very highly, so even if you do not tick all boxes, but you are highly motivated and think you would be a great addition to the team - let's hear from you!
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply Now.
If you think your personality, skills, experience and ambition match this role, we’d love to hear from you. Submit your resume and motivation letter in English as soon as possible as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
Is there something you need to know, we haven’t covered here, please do not hesitate to reach out to Sara van Putten at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.