Do you want to be the newest addition to our Belgium Customs team as Customs Supervisor?
As Customs Supervisor you are an all-round advisor to our customers on all customs related matters. You play a very important role in the international flow of goods. You will work with customs for both customers using other DFDS services and for stand-alone customs customers.
What will you do?
You are familiar with mapping processes and writing procedures. You have a flexible working attitude, are honest, and open minded. You work independently, love a challenge, and have natural power of persuasion. You are an excellent team worker and you understand the importance of collaboration both with your own team and with further DFDS colleagues.
Furthermore, you are good at translating laws and regulations into efficient and effective organizational processes, and you are strong in risk analyses.
Our customers are diverse and therefore the requests and work will also vary (Veterinary / general goods). From applying for customs licenses, following up on AEO status, supervise/support the customs department in Belgium and actively approaching and helping our customs customers through the process.
Your work environment:
DFDS Belgium has an (international) customs department where you will work independently for our customers. Our customers are very diverse, ranging from small young organizations to large multinationals both general goods and veterinary related. We not only have diversity in customers but also in customs-related issues. In short, a very challenging job! The team is a small, specialized team of 4 people (apart from you) who are the go-to for customs related questions in Belgium. You will be the primary responsible for the teams development and you will report directly to our Regional Head of Customs Continent, whom you will work closely with.
Who are you?
This position is ideal if you have some experience with the customs world, has commercial skills, and are ready for the next step in your career.
- You have a professional, flexible, and service-oriented attitude.
- You are aware of current customs legislation and regulations.
- You have experience with AEO processes and applying for customs licenses.
- You have knowledge of Incoterms.
- You are process-oriented and commercially minded.
- You are a skilled people manager that can lead and empower a team.
- You have a proactive approach.
- You are capable of prioritizing a personal workload.
- You can communicate effectively with customers.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and English (oral and written) (French is a plus).
- You have a great deal of problem-solving and analytical ability.
- You pay attention to detail.
- You are a team player who enjoys a collaborative working environment.
Working at DFDS?
Join the movement and grow with us.
- You will work in an ambitious team where your colleagues share the same passion for customs-related matters;
- DFDS is a leading player in the field of transport and logistics;
- We believe it is important that you continue to develop yourself through education and training;
- You will work in a pleasant and fast-growing company where the work atmosphere is unprecedentedly good;
- A full-time contract for an indefinite period;
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits (ADV, meal vouchers, commuting allowance, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance).
We’ll encourage you to challenge yourself to acquire new skills and perspectives.
If you think your personality, skills, experience and ambition match this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Send us your resume as soon as possible as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
Business Support Manager
Continent Sales Manager
Technical Sales Support, Waterjet
Sweden (Kristinehamn), Norway (Kongsberg/Ulsteinvik) or United Kingdom (Dunfermline/Newcastle).
Finance Business Partner / Business Controller