Customs Clearance Supervisor
£32,000 - £35,000 per annum
We’re passionate about delivering an excellent service to our customers and our work is increasing in Dover. We are looking for a Customs Clearance Supervisor to join our existing team to help manage this new and existing work, whilst maintaining a seamless service. If you’re looking for a role within a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, with a willingness to succeed… we have the role for you!
Working Mon – Fri, 08:00 – 17:00, you’ll be interacting with customers along with internal stakeholders. You will be joining a dedicated team, to deliver an efficient customs clearance service, delivering very high standards of service whilst identifying, implementing, and realising new opportunities to enhance existing revenues. We seek someone who has a minimum of 3 years’ experience within the Customs clearance industry and supervisory experience would be beneficial.
You will be required to demonstrate clear understanding of all relevant customs related laws and regulations, maintaining your understanding and keep up to date with changes as they occur. Be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters. Assist in the training and development for all Customs Clearance staff to ensure that they are able to confidently process all customs clearances and along with supporting the Manager. Manage the use of specific custom’s systems to complete all Custom’s transactions. Ensure the team effectively arrange ad-hoc Customs shipments for DFDS. Manage the interface between the team and the interface between HMRC, regarding compliance issues as required.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll become part of a great business who take our people development seriously. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work with one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!