Customs Clearance Supervisor - 1 Years Experience
Are you looking to progress to the next level? We are searching for the right candidate to operate a Customs clearance operation dedicated to the logistics/cold chain divisions in a supervisory role. If you feel you have the necessary experience in progressing to the next level within a fast-moving proactive organisation, this could be the ideal opportunity.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Customs Clearance Supervisor is to support the Customs Clearance Manager in the day to day management of the Customs Clearances team. You will be the first point of contact for the team and be responsible for directing, leading and motivating the team to deliver an efficient customs clearance services, delivering very high standards of service whilst identifying, implementing and realising new opportunities to enhance existing revenues.
You will be required to demonstrate substantial understanding of all relevant customs related laws and regulations, maintaining your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
What you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the training and development for all Customs Clearance staff to ensure that they are knowledgeable and able to confidently process all customs clearances.
- Oversee the creation, link & discharge of all Customs documents including T1, T2, T2 groupage, T2F, T2LF, NES & NCTS export entries.
- Manage the use of specific custom’s systems to complete all Custom’s transactions.
- Supports the Manager in supervising the team complete customer declarations correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring their team effectively arrange ad-hoc Customs shipments for DFDS
- Manages the Interface between their team and the interface between HMRC regarding compliance issues as required.
- Act as a point of contact for customs clearance issues in the absence of the Customs Clearance Manager
- Attend relevant seminars and training courses to ensure the maintenance of their understanding of Customs related legislation and requirements.
- Provide out of hours support for customs clearance requirements
Key Skills & Competencies Required:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in Customs clearance
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A conscientious approach to completing each task
- A keen eye for detail
- Problem solving skills
- Communications Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Flexible and adaptable way of working
- Works well within a team environment
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- Excellent Computer Literacy
- High level of administration skills
- Working knowledge of Dover and East of England clearance points
- Experience of working within a customer facing environment
- Basic understanding of the law and regulations surrounding Customs Clearance Requirements
If you believe you are the ideal candidate for this role, please submit your CV and application in English, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. DFDS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants from all backgrounds.