Customs Clearance Clerk - KickStart Scheme
Who we are – At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… As part of the new Government KickStart Scheme we are looking for someone between 16-24 to be trained in Customs Clearance, who will join our team in Grimsby. The successful candidate will be trained to the highest standard in Customs Clearance. Responsibilities of a fully trained Customs Clearance Clerk below.
Responsibilities will include…
- Understand current import and export clearance requirements
- Have understanding and working knowledge of all clearance and border control processes
- Complete and process import and export declarations identifying status and regimes
- Calculating duties and taxes to be paid
- Coordinate with importers/exporters/customers
- Support the DFDS UK and European network
- To undertake relevant training as deemed appropriate
Key Skills Required…
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A conscientious approach to completing each task
- A keen eye for detail
- Problem solving skills
- Communications Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Flexible and adaptable way of working
- Works well within a team environment
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and be part of a successful, forwarding thinking team. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested? Apply now…Please submit your CV and application in English, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.