Customs Clearance Clerk
Who we are – At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… Understand and administer all processes with regards to UK Customs Clearances and Border Control procedures, both import and export, for road freight operations. This role is to deliver a high-quality customer service to facilitate the smooth flow of DFDS trailers shipping in and out of the UK on a 24/7 basis. To ensure compliance with HMRC legislation, and supporting Border Control procedures, in a timely and accurate manner. Salary is £21,685 based on a 40 hour week.
Responsibilities will include…
- Understand current import and export clearance requirements.
- Have understanding and working knowledge of all clearance and border control processes.
- Complete and process export declarations identifying status and regimes.
- Calculating duties and taxes to be paid.
- Coordinate with importers/exporters/customers.
- Support the DFDS UK and European network.
- To undertake relevant training as deemed appropriate.
Key Skills Required…
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A conscientious approach to completing each task.
- A keen eye for detail
- Problem solving skills.
- Communications Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Flexible and adaptable way of working
- Works well within a team environment
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW