Customs Clearance Clerk
Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop, and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role....A vancany has arisen for a Customs Clearance Clerk, do you have a minimum of 1 years experience within Customs Clearance declerations? We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong initiative to continue their journey within the Customs Clearance industry.We are seeking a Customs Clearance Operator to engage in the process of Customs clearances learning from experienced team members. You will be learning the process of calculating and processing customs clearances including duties and taxes to be paid. You will be learning the requirement for issuing the correct documents on behalf of the customer to ensure that consignments are Customs cleared in a timely and efficient manner allowing shipments to continue on their journey. A key part of this role is the development of your knowledge with onsite and academic training.
You will also be expected to fully engage and take on with the training supplied to build a good understanding of all relevant customs related laws and therefore you will be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters in due course.
Hours of work: Varied shift patterns, flexibility is essential.
- Oversee the creation, link & discharge of all Customs documents including T1, T2, T2 groupage, T2F, T2LF, NES & NCTS export entries.
- Manage the use of specific custom’s systems to complete all Custom’s transactions.
- Supports the team complete customer declarations correctly and in a timely manner, with correct values.
- Ensuring their team effectively arrange ad-hoc Customs shipments for DFDS
- Manages the Interface between their team and the interface between HMRC regarding compliance issues as required.
- Act as a point of contact for customs clearance issues in the absence of more senior/experienced staff
- Attend relevant seminars and training courses to ensure the maintenance of their understanding of Customs related legislation and requirements.
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A conscientious approach to completing each task
- A keen eye for detail
- Problem solving skills
- Communications Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Flexible and adaptable way of working
- Works well within a team environment
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- Excellent Computer Literacy
- High level of administration skills
- Preferable basic understanding of the law and regulations surrounding Customs Clearance Requirements
- Minimum 1 years Customs Clearance experience or transferrable skills
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW