Customs Clearance Clerk
Do you have aminimum of 6 months experience witihn Customs Clearance declerations? We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong initiative to continue their journey within the Customs Clearance industry.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a Customs Clearance Operator to engage in the process of Customs clearances learning from experienced team members. You will be learning the process of calculating and processing customs clearances including duties and taxes to be paid. You will be learning the requirement for issuing the correct documents on behalf of the customer to ensure that consignments are Customs cleared in a timely and efficient manner allowing shipments to continue on their journey. A key part of this role is the development of your knowledge with onsite and academic training.
You will also be expected to fully engage and take on with the training supplied to build a good understanding of all relevant customs related laws and therefore you will be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters in due course.
Hours of work: Varied shift patterns, flexibility is essential.
What you will be responsible for:
- Oversee the creation, link & discharge of all Customs documents including T1, T2, T2 groupage, T2F, T2LF, NES & NCTS export entries.
- Manage the use of specific custom’s systems to complete all Custom’s transactions.
- Supports the team complete customer declarations correctly and in a timely manner, with correct values.
- Ensuring their team effectively arrange ad-hoc Customs shipments for DFDS
- Manages the Interface between their team and the interface between HMRC regarding compliance issues as required.
- Act as a point of contact for customs clearance issues in the absence of more senior/experienced staff
- Attend relevant seminars and training courses to ensure the maintenance of their understanding of Customs related legislation and requirements.
Key Skills & Competencies Required:
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A conscientious approach to completing each task
- A keen eye for detail
- Problem solving skills
- Communications Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Flexible and adaptable way of working
- Works well within a team environment
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- Excellent Computer Literacy
- High level of administration skills
- Preferable basic understanding of the law and regulations surrounding Customs Clearance Requirements
- Minimum 6 months Customs Clearance experience or transferrable skills
If you believe you are the ideal candidate for this role, please submit your CV and application in English, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. DFDS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater