Customs Clearance Administrator
At DFDS we’re driven & passionate about delivering an excellent service to our customers and our workload is increasing at our Dover office. We are looking for a Customs Clearance Administrator to join our current team to help with this new and existing work, whilst maintaining a seamless service. If you’re looking for a role within a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, with a willingness to succeed… we have the opportunity for you!
Working Mon – Fri, 08:00 – 17:00, you’ll be communicating with customers along with internal stakeholders. You will be joining a dedicated team, to deliver an efficient customs clearance service, delivering very high standards of service whilst identifying, implementing and realising new opportunities to enhance existing revenues. We seek someone who has at least two years current experience within a similar Customs clearance role. Supervisory experience would be beneficial.
You will be required to demonstrate understanding of all relevant customs related laws and regulations, maintaining your understanding and keep up to date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll become part of a great business who take our people development seriously. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!