Customs Clearance Administrator
Do you possess great attention to the finer detail? Are you a quick learner with an adaptable skillset? We’re enthusiastic about delivering an excellent level of service to our customers and our business is expanding, due to the new customs requirements. We are looking for a Customs Clearance Administrator to join our team to provide a seamless service. If you’re looking for a role within a diverse, friendly & positive environment, with a desire to succeed… we have an opportunity for you!
Working shifts at the Port of Immingham, you’ll be dealing with import and export Customs Declarations. If you have knowledge of customs, that’s great, however we know how fast new regulations can be put in place, so we’ll give you all the training you need to succeed, and we’ll also need you to stay up to date with any legislative changes. You’ll be liaising with customers and dealing with any queries with may arise, so we’ll need you to work quickly but accurately to ensure we are delivering a great service, operating within procedures for customs clearance. You will be joining a dedicated team, to deliver an efficient customs clearance service, and will be required to have a good level of IT skills, as various systems will be used for customs entries and details online.
Therefore, we are seeking someone who has a vibrant personality, who can remain professional when communicating with internal & external stakeholders, but at the same time can have a good rapport with colleagues. Solid customer service skills are key. Preferably you will have awareness of customs formalities and the need for clearances when moving cargo between UK and EU, and/or a relevant qualification it would be very advantageous, but not essential. The team are really supportive and will ensure that you are comfortable in your new role. If this sounds like you, then please get in touch with us.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…? DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!