Who are we… The DFDS Group is providing European shipping and logistics solutions since 1866. We move freight and passengers on ferry routes in Europe, and provide transport and logistics solutions for a wide range of businesses. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… Vacancies have arisen for Customs Agents at DFDS Logistics Contracts Ltd based in Dublin. The role will be to deliver an array of customs services for both our internal agency customers and our external customers. The successful applicant should always be dynamic and conscientious with a high focus on delivering good customer service and obtain a keen eye for detail.
The customs department operates Monday through to Saturday with team members working 5 days per week in a shift rotation; a high degree of flexibility will be expected when the operation requires. Attendance may occasionally be required on Sunday.
Main responsibilities and activities include:
- Having the ability to work as part of a small team as we as working alone
- Taking responsibility for all Import and Export customs formalities for our internal agency customers.
- Serving external customers with a variety of customs activities.
- Driving sales for our customs activities and premium services.
- Assist our customers, when required, with inspections in the Port of Dublin.
- To be available outside office hours for urgent calls (a duty phone will be issued) and to assist in the solving of problems during this time.
- Being part of the AEO status maintenance.
- To undertake relevant training as appropriate.
- Strong computer skills will be required.
- Whilst a fluency in English will be essential a second European language would be an asset due to frequent interaction with our European offices.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and for the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you are a good communicator, have a have exceptional eye for detail with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English, as early as possible as applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis.