Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Customer Support Engineer (DP Software)
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Customer Support Engineer (DP Software) reporting to Support Manager, GCS. In this role, you will be a part of the Global Customer Support team delivering first line technical support for our range of offshore marine products. You will be responsible for working with hardware and software on vessels with existing Kongsberg systems fitted, and may be required to travel at short notice in response to a customer request.
Training will be provided, so whether you are an experienced electronics engineer or a graduate engineer we welcome your application.
- Provide technical support of Offshore Marine, Subsea and Positioning division products to customers, sales staff, customer support staff and rental staff by telephone, email and customer visits.
- Complete service jobs, planned and “call out”, on equipment delivered by Kongsberg Maritime to a satisfactory level.
- Carry out installation, commissioning and upgrades of products and functions delivered by Kongsberg Maritime.
- Ensure communications from customers receive a response within acceptable time frame.
- Document upgrades and other changes made to Kongsberg Maritime systems following service and installation visits and report to documentation authority.
- Maintain and update KM Service desk, and other service databases.
- Maintain and update your technical knowledge on products delivered by KM.
- Promote improvements, upgrades and aftersales opportunities to customers.
- Promote correct use of KM procedures, processes, service tools and databases.
- Regular travel within the UK and Ireland to support UK customers and additional frequent travel outside the UK to support global customers.
Qualifications and experience
- Technical education in Electronics, Computer Science or Applied Science
- Demonstrable hands on experience of electronics in the field or base
- Valid Offshore Survival Certificate
- Valid OGUK Medical Certificate
- Valid permission to work in the UK
- Valid UK driving licence
- Prepared to travel extensively, and at short notice
You are able to
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit package with good development opportunities in an international environment. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication