Customer Service & Customs Coordinator
Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The role… As the key point of contact for our customers throughout the UK and Ireland, the Customer Service and Customs Coordinator will be required to deliver a high level of customer service at all times, in a fast-paced logistics environment.
Main duties will include arranging collections and deliveries, taking bookings, providing updates to customers, daily invoicing and close liaison with the transport teams to keep costs low and service levels high.
They will also deliver an array of services to both internal agency and external customers ensuring high quality customer service combined with compliance of HMRC legislation. A key focus will be to ensure the customs boundaries do not delay the turnaround of the DFDS Logistics trailer and container fleet. This will initially be a 6 month fixed term contract.
Duties and Responsibilities…
- Receive customer orders and create accurate bookings on DFDS systems and customer online portals
- Provide quotations and update system to provide transport colleagues with all information required to arrange transport both locally and throughout the UK
- Timely and accurate daily completion of customer reports and participation in daily calls with customers
- Maintain and update haulier log; customer log; issue log; Customer KPIs and internal Delivery On Time Volume tracker
- Import and Export Customs Declarations
- Issue and closing of Transit Documents (T1/T2)
- Credit Control transactions on DFDS Deferment Account
- Ensure all invoicing and cost posting is done efficiently and accurately.
- Timely and accurate completion of traffic reports
- Maintain effective communication channels with customers
- Provide timely solutions as transportation issues arise
- To undertake relevant training as deemed appropriate
- Any other duties as required
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of MS Office in particular Excel
- Basic awareness of customs formalities and the need for clearances when moving cargo between EU and non-EU states. It’s not necessary to know the process involved in creating a declaration.
- Experience in prioritising a personal workload and aware when to ask for help
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Previous experience dealing with customers
- The ability and willingness to take on added responsibilities & learning
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested…if you are a good communicator, have an exceptional eye for detail, be able to create routines and work to nonnegotiable deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Are able to work through situations using guidance from the HMRC tariff and be confident enough to challenge opposition to HMC legislation, learning by reading then please submit your CV and application in English by email as soon as possible, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater