Customer Service Clerk
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
The Role… We are looking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic, and customer-focused individuals to join our busy Operations team in Rosslare.
You will be required to deliver high standards of customer service as part of the operations team. This includes perform check-in of tourist and freight vehicles/passengers by means of two separate reservation systems. Make new reservations on customer’s request. Assist with loading and unloading of the vessels. Office based activities such as communication with customers by telephone, fax, email, face to face.
Due to the location of the site and occasional travel requirements you will need to have your own transport.
- Always meet the Customer Services standards set by DFDS.
- Perform check-in of freight and tourist vehicles/passengers at either the check-in booths or the Driver’s Reception Building.
- Deal with ticket sales in cash or by credit card for both freight and tourist vehicles/passengers.
- Complete damage reports of unaccompanied trailers reporting for shipment.
- Assist with making freight reservations by email, fax, or telephone.
- Assist with loading and discharging the vessels involving communication and use of hand-held UHF radios.
- Liaise with some Authorities and Government Agencies.
- Offer service status updates to customers as instructed by either the Duty Manager or the Supervisor.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to undertake other duties requested by your Senior Managers.
Interested? Apply now! If you have excellent customer service skills and a desire to work with one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, previous experience in a transport and shipping environment, although this is not essential, please submit your CV in English, we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.